Updated: Jun 17
Now that you are stuck at home with the kids, no longer doing the school run or spending 60 minutes in commute, why not use this opportunity to practice self-care with your children first thing in the morning? Practicing self-care routines at a young age can reduce the risk of developing mental health conditions like anxiety and depression.
According to The Mental Health Foundation, 10% of children and young people (aged 5-16 Years) have a clinically diagnosable mental health problem, yet 70% of children and adolescents who experience mental health problems have not had appropriate interventions at a sufficient early stage.
We all need to learn how to take care of ourselves and affirmation practice is a powerful self-care activity that you can do with your children. This is an excellent way to nourish your mental health while modelling healthy lifestyle choices for your children.
Choose FIVE or more powerful affirmations from the list of 30 below to repeat THREE times out loud together, every morning:
1. I cherish the extra time I get to spend with my family and I am excited about
creating more happy, unforgettable memories.
2. I am a kind and amazing person.
3. I am not afraid to allow myself to fall, rise, grow and learn.
4. I was created to blossom in my natural gifts and talents.
5. I believe in myself.
6. Today I am grateful for the gift of breath.
7. I am beautiful the way I am.
8. It’s ok to make mistakes.
9. I can reach my goals if I don’t give up.
10. Today is going to be awesome.
11. I focus on opportunities over obstacles.
12. I am proud of my achievements.
13. Today I choose happiness.
14. It takes one step at a time to reach the top of the mountain.
15. I understand that my future is my responsibility.
16. I choose to forgive, let go and move on with love.
17. I have the power to create the life that I want.
18. I leap over obstacles and stay focused on my vision.
19. I will learn from my mistakes.
20. I love and accept myself.
21. I am in charge of my future.
22. I spread kindness and love everywhere I go.
23. I love my body for all the things it is able to do.
24. I am not afraid to try new things.
25. I am valuable to those around me.
26. My family and friends love me the way I am.
27. I am proud of the person I am becoming.
28. Each day is a new opportunity to strive for the life of my dreams.
29. Day by day I strive to better myself.
30. I cheer people up by speaking kind words.